🏳️🌈 Happy Pride Everyone 🏳️🌈
I didn’t make it down today.. the weather wasn’t the best.. so I literally took a rain check.. but I thought I would do a post of the murals that are all around Church St in the Gay Village..
Most of these were done back in 2014 for World Pride and they haven’t been tagged.. !
This is from their website “In June 2014, Toronto will welcome hundreds of thousands of visitors from across the country and around the world as the City hosts World Pride. While the city as a whole will experience broad tourism and visitation, a central hub for the festivities and guest exploration remains: The Church-Wellesley Village.
World Gay Pride Murals
1) by @meerasethi “Intersections is a four-storey, outdoor, public mural that makes use of the textile histories of South Asia to celebrate queer and trans South Asian activism and communities in Toronto.”
2) “This area for party people crew and performers and village royalty only” 🏳️🌈 by Unknown
3) Same artist as above.. this one was really been peeling… wish I knew who did this one.
4) Bath House raids by @christiano_artist From Wiki “Operation Soap was a raid by the Metropolitan Toronto Police against four gay bathhouses in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which took place on February 5, 1981. More than three hundred men were arrested, the largest mass arrest in Canada since the 1970 October crisis,”
5) The 519 mural by @christiano_artist
6) Drag Queen Club by @elicserelliott From their website ”
Crews & Tangos, Toronto’s #1 Drag Bar, is located in the heart of the Church-Wellesley Gay Village. We have become a community staple and top party destination, encouraging a safe and welcoming environment where patrons can be themselves!”
7) by @elicserelliott as well.. that picture is from Halloween !
8) by @spud1_spudbomb when he was working on this back in 2016
9) by @peru143 — that’s his Ice Cream Truck from last year.
10) Finally.. from 2017.. her phone is very well placed in this photo.. just saying !
I threw in some pictures from Gay Prides past in this collection. Hope you enjoy.